Minnesota Bonus Pay Program Signed Into Law
May 18, 2022 - Minnesota Governor Tim Walz recently signed a bill passed by the Minnesota Legislature that will provide bonus pay for eligible COVID -19 frontline workers. While program details are still being finalized, potential applicants are encouraged to visit https://frontlinepay.mn.gov/ to sign up for updates and view an information sheet about the Frontline Worker Pay program.
According to the details on the website as of this posting, to be eligible for Frontline Worker Pay, the applicant:
- must have been employed at least 120 hours in Minnesota in one or more frontline sectors between March 15, 2020, and June 30, 2021.
- for the hours worked during this time period the applicant –
- was not able to telework due to the nature of the individual's work and
- worked in close proximity to people outside of the individual's household;
- must meet the income requirements for at least one year between Dec. 31, 2019, and Jan. 1, 2022 –
- workers with direct COVID-19 patient care responsibilities must have had an adjusted gross income of less than $350,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly, or less than $175,000 for other filers and
- for workers in occupations without direct COVID-19 patient care responsibilities, the adjusted gross income limit is $185,000 for married taxpayers filing jointly, or $85,000 for other filers; and
- must not have received an unemployment insurance benefit payment for more than 20 weeks on a cumulative basis for weeks between March 15, 2020, and June 26, 2021 (Minnesota Statutes, section 268.085, subdivision 1, clause 6).
A summary of the sectors that qualify for frontline worker pay include, but are not limited to:
- long-term care and home care
- health care
- emergency responders
- child care
A full list of sectors and more information about the program can be found at https://frontlinepay.mn.gov/.
Redpath and Company
Redpath and Company helps clients make more informed decisions that contribute to their financial well-being by providing proactive, innovative, and value-driven CPA and advisory services for closely-held businesses, private equity, government entities, and nonprofit organizations. Core commercial industries served include manufacturing and distribution; construction, real estate, and engineering; and technology. Areas of service expertise include audit and assurance; personal, business, and international tax; state and local tax; sales and use tax; and succession and estate planning. Redpath also guides clients throughout the entire business life cycle with performance optimization and process improvement; M&A advisory, including corporate and deal strategy, due diligence, financial modeling, and M&A integration; accounting and management outsourcing; and valuations. The firm was founded in 1971 and is 100% employee owned (ESOP). With offices located in St. Paul and White Bear Lake, Minnesota, the firm ranks as one of the top CPA and advisory firms in Minnesota. Redpath is a member of HLB International, a global network of independent advisory and accounting firms. For more information, visit www.redpathcpas.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO REDPATH INSIGHTS
You Can Search by Tag
- Accounting services
- Business Valuation
- Construction and Real Estate
- Corporate Development
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Engagement
- Estate, Gift, and Trust
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Outsourced Accounting
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Performance Optimization
- Private Equity
- Sales Tax
- Sales Tax Rebate
- State and Local Tax
- Succession Planning
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Tax Reform
- Transaction Services
- Variable Interest Entity (VIE)